Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Conflict of Joy

There's a lot of things swirling in my brain right now, but I've had one "issue" particular coming to mind.
"Weep with those who weep, rejoice with those who rejoice..." (Somewhere in the NT)
So many times I have been the victim, the self-pitying one that is envious of other people's joys. Many times. I am generally pretty good at rejoicing with them, even if I have to stare into my own pit afterwards. I love rejoicing when me and a friend are both in a "great" stage in life (I say "great" because I'm learning even the worst days God makes great..) The one I have been struggeling with lately is when everyone around me seems to be in a pit and I seem like the only one in the world to possess joy. {This is not meant to sound arrogant at all...like I said i've had my fair share of pits!} I tend to feel guilty when I share the awesome things Jesus is doing and saying in my life, and also if my prayer requests are more light hearted. I don't want to put my sister in Christ in a potential place of being envious or frustrated, etc. How do I both empathize and pour into a sister that is "in the pit" AND be honest about where I'm at without tension?
When it gets really bad, I start to question if I really do have joy and if it's ok. HA. Yes, that's where the enemy must come in. I am CALLED to have inexpressible joy....a deep joy that does not wither with circumstance.
"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." -1 Pet. 1:8
The Lord is slowly teaching me things but I would also love any wisdom. I'm sensing humility is a key word and having the willingness to bear one another's burdens, while letting God's joy within me overflow and uplift that person.

Well, back to studying.......
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment