Friday, January 22, 2010

Two Things

I'm grateful for in the spiritual realm that aren't true in reality:
1) An open door to God's presence. I realize I spend lots of time entering in codes to get into my house, spouting off ID numbers to get into the gym, or on the computer to get to email, facebook, Blackboard (the school system), etc. Passwords to get into EVERYTHING it seems! But Jesus tells us in Hebrews 10:19-20, "And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place." COOL! It seems like to have access to this glorious place would require a significant password. But even though I don't deserve it, I can enter the throne time at ANY point in time I wish. My wish is that I would want to be in that place more and more. But then again, it DOESN'T really surprise me, because HE IS Jesus, and as He strongly desires us to be in a flowing, growing relationship, he gives me the chance to seek Him at any given time. Wow.
2) Relating to #1, the ability to consume more and more of Him. I just went to Winco and got some delcious groceries. Not having healthy snack food/weekend food for a while, today I just wanted to eat everything, at least a little bit of everything. But I know that if I did that, the food wouldn't spread out as long and I can't afford that. I am soo grateful that He never runs out, and that His desire IS for me to partake more, just like in Esther 1:8, "By edict of the king, no limits were placed on the drinking, for the king had instructed all his palace officials to serve each man as much as he wanted." We don't have to worry about there not being more of His surprise, blessings, love, provision, joy, ETC or having to "spread it out" when we do encounter it.

An old song lyric that has been running through my head:
.....{Lord, You have my heart, and I will search for Yours}.......
I love knowing that God is a jealous God. I love that God puts jealousy in my own life so that I can see a glimpse of his jealousy for me. It makes me sad that people..myself included at times.. can't see that goodness in the Lord's jealousy, especially when reading the Old Testament. But it is all out of love.
Well, after that little rabbit trail, I hope you have a glorious day and hope you partake more and more of Jesus without end!

Susannah

1 comment:

  1. WoooHooo!! I agree and I'm drinking up as much as I can today! Love you,

    ReplyDelete