Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fulfillment

Today I checked out the place I'll be volunteering next term (for a Spanish class, but at a Christian organization) and started teaching English to Hispanic adults, mainly new immigrants....
my heart was complete! :-) Especially when they started calling me "Susan" (nickname for Susana in the latin american world) and thanking me at the end when I just wanted to thank them. I am so blessed. Also the awesome woman that directs this ministry/program/whatev and gives me rides there knows a ton of people I do, including several of my best friends.
Anyways, I am so excited............it will be stretching and a little awkward at times and out of my comfort zone, but I am soo ready for it. Also, for the rest of my hours, I'll probably be helping teach ESL classes at the nearby high school.
Thank you Lord for the passions and gifting you have given me so I can give glory back to YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! I'm so excited for you and just teeny weeny bit jealous! I love how similar our hearts are! I'd feel complete too! Love you dearly,
    em

    ReplyDelete