Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Drunk

Hmm...I don't know how else to start this, but...
I can say I was officially drunk (on the Spirit) for the first time last night!!

It lasted from about 8-12:30. I have no idea WHY or HOW but I know that it had to be the Spirit!
Some symptoms:
-going around the house and blessing/encouraging 30+ girls (usually in a very crazy and non-coherent manner :)
-going in and out of a multitude accents
-serenading people with my guitar
-having energy like I'd never felt before--yep, 4 hours going around the house like a mad woman!
-feeling (almost) no inhibitions...I was talking up a storm to girls that I hadn't even really talked to much (there are about 6) and didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable at all
-having an insane amount of joy and laughter!
-sometimes not being able to stand up! and when I was in my sleeping porch before going to bed, I literally fell to the side and barely avoided crashing into things!

Despite the fact that I had a 5 page paper to write last night, it didn't stop me at all! And somehow the Lord blessed that time because I wrote a page last night and am not worried about it at all and it's due in 3 hours.

I don't really know how to react to it- I'm a little embarrassed and humiliated now, as girls keep asking me how my hangover is, but at least I got to encourage and bless a ton of people that I may not have under the same condition?!? Haha.

I guess when you ask for the Spirit to fill you up more, you have to be careful with what you ask for ;)

If anyone has any thoughts about being drunk on the Spirit, I'm game for hearing it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes and yes again!! You had a good, deep drink of the Holy Spirit!! He's the best wine there is and I look like you described on a weekly basis!! :-) No embarrassment. Peter and the apostles on the Day of Pentecost were accused of being drunk and they said, "Not with wine as you suppose!" More Lord. I've got more thoughts. Love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete