Monday, May 24, 2010

Thought Collage

+ Someone told me the other day, "Lovers get more work done than workers." I've been mediating on it for a while and trying to test its truth. Or perhaps it is true, but is getting work done our main purpose?

+ A few days ago was our Garden Party social event, (where your roomies pick a guy for you, supposedly like a blind date. They make a sign for you and stand on the lawn holding it (or living room this year b/c it was raining) and we all file out looking for our name. Anyways, I went with Jordan and we drove with my friend Kristin and her date/Jordan's friend Andrew. On the way back from the event Jordan suggested we take a minute and listen/pray for the person diagonal from us, if the Lord had a word/verse/etc for that person. It was such a cool thing! We all got different prophetic words. Mine was right on the spot. Andrew said that he was picturing a huge, open field with trees and mountains and that it was a place I could just pour out my heart to the Lord, to sing His praises, to enter the fullness of His glory, to be refreshed. I was reminded that I need to constantly come to this place, no matter how stressed out/busy/depressed I am. The Lord DEMANDS us to rest! Not a bad command :)

+24 days until Costa Rica!! ahhh! Pray that I would be doing everything I need to be doing, and just be preparing myself in every way. More provision Lord!! :)

+Learning to love the Lord unconditionally. Such a new and confusing concept for me. But the Lord has been revealing to me how everything I love about Jesus is based off the good things He has given me. WOW! I realized I was stuck in a rut--realized I wasn't feeling loved when the sun wasn't/hasn't been shining for WEEKS, when I am self-pitying for the things I don't have (trendy clothes, a boyfriend, money, etc.) or when a friend lets me down, etc. The Lord is testing me to see if I will love Him no matter the circumstance and no matter how I feel He is loving me! The fact is, He is perfectly good and perfect in unconditional love, and that will never change.
Am I willing to risk my comfort level to love Jesus more? To sacrifice things I cling to?

+Have been thinking/praying of my future husband a lot and really have been surrendering all my deepest desires, from the broad to the nit-picky, to the Lord. I thought I had my "list" small and open for the Lord--I only had about 5 requirements! To love the Lord more than anyone/anything else, to be musically gifted, to love/be great with kids, to be able to make me laugh often, and to have similar passions/areas/callings/whatever the Lord is calling us to.
The other day the Lord asked me, "What if the man that was best for you isn't musical?"
Hmmmm....gotta love conviction. I know that there's a good chance he will be musical, but if not, he will be even better suited for me--we will glorify Him even more.
I'm trusting Him to be a wayy better matchmaker than the one from Fiddler on the Roof! :) My motto is, "surprise me, Jesus! whatever you think is best".
What I DO know is "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him." -1 Cor. 2:0.

Well, that's it for now, gotta go get ready for our last Monday night meeting of the year. Crazy!
Know that the plans God has for you cannot be fathomed!
Loving Jesus,
Suse

1 comment:

  1. Awww. I just love you and love your thoughts! You are Beautiful by the way! Praying for you, for provision, for all of the things mentioned. I'm your fan! :-)

    ReplyDelete