Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Thoughts

Unashamed was the word that was running around in my head today as I was sitting in German class anticipating the end.
I always thought that being unashamed for Christ was an easy thing, a given for following Him.
But it turns out, when it's just you, or just you and someone else against the world, it gets a whole lot harder.
The reality is, we will face persecution. At our dramas people often laugh and point at us.
The reality is, people will not be accepting and they will even respond in harshness sometimes.
There are times when we will probably feel crazy, foolish, nerdy, stupid, scared, and timid in order to take up the cross and step where He leads us.
Today, nothing really happened, in the physical realm.
Jordan did exactly what he said he was gonna do, and asked for people to stick around if they needed prayer for anything. I'm pretty sure no one did.

Wow. Even though it was a seemingly pointless thing to do, something in the spiritual atmosphere had to have changed, and it definitely made me realize what I have signed up to do--in the big picture. It is the best thing I could ever sign up for, wouldn't you agree??!

A completely random thing is this summer after I get back from Costa Rica
(which, by the way, I leave in exactly ONE month :) I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be in Portland...and I have felt some nudges to apply at the Cold Stone in West Linn (different store, different boss!) So I guess I'll be at home! I had really wanted to stay here in Corvallis....a)no constant traveling back and forth from my moms to dads   b)biking and walking everywhere      c)close to church, where I am really involved   d)living with some friends at Charis  e)being able to hang out with my good friend Amy and her fam, who lives here (my second fam).  f)learning to "live on my own" a bit more   etc.!  But yesterday the Lord pointed out to me
a)remember when I told you these four years [in college/Oregon] had to do with reconciliation with your family?! Spending time with them will actually help this process. Let me do some work this summer.
b)You'll be paying $50 a week to stay at Charis!
c) Your mom will let you drive her car to work
d) The Mexican neighbors...you miss them and need to pour into the children's lives
e) You can babysit sometimes for your old nannying family....
f) You can go to work with your dad and help translate for the workers
g) You can help the Coulombes with the food pantry and translating (Serenity, if you're read this, I am so stoked with the possiblity of helping you guys this summer!)
ON and ON...
Ok God....thanks for changing my heart! Isn't He the best heart changer?!?

Please pray that Cold Stone wouldn't mind hiring me for just a couple months :) and continued prayer for Costa Rica....but I know well enough that our Abba is a great provider...and THE PROVIDER.

Ok, gotta get some songs ready now for meeting but hope you have a super blessed day!
Suse

No comments:

Post a Comment