Monday, May 10, 2010

Surfin' Jesus

WOW, the Lord is good!
It's been a good number of weeks, especially past few days!
I just got back from Lake Shasta with a group of people from a college ministry in Corvallis. Didn't even really want to go--didn't want to miss 2 days of school, pay money, be surrounded by new people, etc.
But hallelujah....God met me there...of course! :)
Don't have much time to say everything.....but let's just say He did some MAJOR refocusing and gentle convicting. One of the speakers gave an example of Jesus being the sun (or Son, haha!) to our solar system, and everything else--all the planets--revolve around Him! I know that in truth there are some areas that DON'T fully revolve around Him. He has been pointing some things out for me and it has been super good to truly make HIM the center of my life!!!
So beautiful to worship God with my sisters and brothers in the middle of a beautiful lake and trees! Made me weep one night at worship to feel Him so fully.
A GIRL IN MY HOUSEBOAT GOT SAVED!!!!! It was the COOLEST thing ever to see her radically transform and hear her tell how she had a tingly feeling all over as she was worshiping and how God finally broke through and she finally accepted Him! Another cool thing....
this is one of my friends in Charis, named Kayla....

And her life has been radically changed! A year ago she was not following the Lord and she was in a completely different place, partying, etc. and obviously just needing Him. She has blossomed so much this year and is soo joyful, beautiful, transparent, open, humble, fun etc. Well ANYWAYS a few days ago (while still at Shasta) the Lord put it on my heart that Kayla would get baptized the next day. (they always do baptisms in the lake the last day). I wrote it in my journal on the top of the page.
The next day (yesterday) I was out in the lake with some cabin mates baptizing one of the girls. About 10 minutes later, after she was done, I looked for Kayla and sighed with relief as I saw she still had dry hair (I hadn't missed it! :) She was out there for a while, even helping baptizing her brother and one of her best friends from Charis. Hmm...maybe today wasn't her day. But I knew it was! Finally, after the pastor called one more time for people to get baptized if it was put on their hearts, Kayla finally relented and got in the H20! My heart was soaring...such a beautiful thing, so cool to see obedience. I remember how hard of a thing it was for me to do, to go up there. Got to pray over her along with our other sisters and it was so amazing to see her pray out and see the Spirit wash over her as she got baptized. Such joy!! And as I told her about the journal, she said, "you knew before I did!" HAHA! Love how the Lord works.

He is definitely romancing me like never before, and I am FINALLY putting some idols to death that needed to be stoned! Today has been awesome so far as I have been constantly praising Him and talking to Him. A little bit ago on my way back from math I told Him something like, "I feel like I am loving you...but can you give me a little taste of what You feel for me?" And I said, and before I get to Charis, preferably :) A few seconds later He said, "ohh, I'm surfing." What the heck, Jesus!?! Please explain. He said that he loved all the waves of love I was sending His way and that He was having a blast riding on them today! Amazingly enough, He said He was pleasantly surprised every time one came His way! I feel like before He had to deal with a pond...not much wave action as I was too consumed with school, eating, working out, Facebook, etc. ! Lord, let me constantly let out waves of love and affection to the Most High who is my everything, let me be content in every circumstance, and ALWAYS have some time and room to give to Him!

Lastly, my life verse in this season for me that I am loving:
Psalm 74:21-26
"Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant- I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you.
Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
butu God remains the strength of my heart,
and He is mine forever."

WOOOHOOO! I have some more stories to share but I must go! The Lord is so good. Blessings to you.
PS> Please continue to pray for peace and provision for Costa Rica! It's coming up so soon! :) (June 17).
Love,
suse

No comments:

Post a Comment