Monday, December 13, 2010

A Lot on the Heart

Sorry it has been a while. A lot has been going on--or at least was before school got out :) Been through a lot with the Lord.....so many things I could talk about...but I am in a new season now, and it feels good.
Spent some candlelit quality time with the Lord tonight and He said I was going to receive these things in this new season:
{Wisom, prophecy, healing, tenderness, obedience, genuine love, patience, and true rest}
WOW! With a catch though...
"....But if you do not abide and do not wish to receive, then you shall not."
That is probably my new key word which my eyes have been opened to.

I've been feeling a litte restless lately again.....I close my eyes at night and all I can see is Costa Rica, Mexico...anywhere but where I'm at. I feel like I have such a gypsy heart sometimes.
I'm yearning for a renewed passion, refreshment, purpose for where I'm at at OSU/Charis. Some days are very fulfilling, but for the most part, I'm just wanting the next day to come already so I can get one step closer to my "next big thing". And I know I will be here for about 2 more years....which is daunting to think about. Please pray with me if you think about it.

Last summer, in one of my usual "I want to change the world-move-far-away-let's-look-up-some-ministries" mood, I found this. While reading through it I got the biggest chills/shivers ever all throughout my body that I knew could only come from the Spirit. I stumbled upon it again yesterday and had the same reaction...and again tonight. This is what it is:

Youth With A Mission San Diego/Baja will run a 9 month Children at Risk School (CRS) January 3rd 2011. Raising awareness, giving basic skills, and mobilizing workers to reach at-risk children are our goals. The CRS is a University of the Nations (UofN) accredited course earning 12 credits for the 3 month lecture phase and 12-24 credits for the 3-6 month field assignment.

The school focuses on disenfranchised children, such as orphans, street children, the handicapped and abused. The course content will be taught by ministry and social service professionals experienced in helping at-risk children. The CRS is for those who want to become advocates for at-risk children. This school will multiply leaders who in turn will champion the cause of children through social, political, judicial and spiritual intervention. Students experience God’s heart for justice, defending the cause of the fatherless, rescuing the poor, the weak and the oppressed. It also has an emphasis on human trafficking and will work regularly in the red light district of Tijuana throughout the lecture phase for hands on experience during the course.


Topics covered during the school may be:

· Overview of the issues and needs of at-risk children

· Biblical worldview of children and their development

· Principles of child advocacy

· Assessment and evaluation

· Attachment disorders

· The institutionalized child

· Child development

· God's heart for justice and children

· Child counseling

· Evangelism/creativity

· Health care

· Discovering your potential

· HIV/AIDS

· Restoration of a generation
 
This pretty much sums up my biggest passion, purpose in life. I believe confidently, Lord willing, that He will bing me here..I just wish it were sooner than later. I'm trying not to think logically (pay ~$3,000 for a school right after graduating...not get a job...etc.) but rather trust in the Lord's timing and not being offended for not knowing the answers.
There's a lot more I want to say but I need to get some sleep...wanted to share this excitement with you!
 
Blessings,
Suse

***Update....I found out there is the same school (both DTS and Children at Risk) in COSTA RICA..!!! So crazy to think that it was so closeby when I was there. Also, the DTS requires a week for NIKO.....this part made me smile...

...It means a 4 day camp in which we will be challenged to live with little, depend on God and one another and survive the jungle of Costa Rica.


1. Walking on trails (easy and challenging levels)


2. Coming across insects, snakes and wild animals.


3. Crossing streams and rivers.


4. Exercises and games.
 
Please God?! :)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe some past NIKO experience will come in handy!! I'm praying amiga! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete