Friday, December 31, 2010

16

I wish it were 16 hours till Corvallis, or a $16 Starbucks card, or 16 brothers and sisters, or nieces and nephews, or 16 people I shared the gospel with...

but alas, it is 16 cavities....of different levels..
not fun.

This made for an awful day yesterday...as my dad lectured me in the car how we don't have $2000 out of pocket money for this...you need to care about your teeth more...and then how i started bawling and then he felt awful....under the circumstances he was probably a lot more calm than I would have been. And then I felt like a jerk that it was partly-mainly my fault he would have to pay all that money....and me feeling guilty about not having a job, on and on.
And then more healing issues come up...but now, they've become sweet times to me. Painful, but times where I feel the Presence so thick and feel Him holding me and speaking truth to me I have never realized before.

On a more positive note, I had a 3 hr dentist appt today to get 4 fillings done--one super deep one that they said might need a root canal--which produced a lot of fear initially...but then the Lord invaded with His peace. First of all I got to listen to music, which was very calming, and then I ended up not needing the root canal, and then there was extra time so I got 4 more teeth done (saving money because today was the last day insurance covered) and then the dentists kept saying funny things...mine and the one next to us that I was laughing uncontrollably (with 100 things in my mouth) and it was actually an enjoyable time. TALK ABOUT HIS MERCIES ARE NEW EVERY MORNING!! :) And the Joy of the Lord...oh it's a beautiful thing.
Anyways....good stuff going on....a lot of conviction, a lot--tons, actually..of the grace of God, lots of hope, lots of excitement, gobs of blessings...I'm so blessed.

Hoping next time the cavity count will be at least under 10 ;)

This was humbling.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! My kids have joined you in the 100 cavity run to the dentist! Judah just got 9 filled and Asher has 10! UGH. Great story of God's healing and peace and goodness. I LOVE YOU,
    em

    ReplyDelete