Saturday, December 25, 2010

Mish Mash of Christmas Eve Thoughts

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

{john 3:16}

Undoubtedly a verse I've had memorized since I was about 6, but a verse that keeps striking me in new ways, even at 20 (still can't believe I'm 20!)

God loved the world so much.......
despite all the sins that contaminated our lives. He saw through all the crap and all the humanity and flaws and hurt and everything that was a result of our sinful nature.

His love was unwaverable. And IS unwaverable.
A love that "loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes". And this all gave Him great pleasure. {eph. 1:4}

I just love that He loved us before he chose us. I mean, He made us, and obviously knows every single detail about us. Knows every decision we make. Every thought. Every facial expression.
He loved us because we were the spitting image of Him--through the power of Jesus, we appeared righteous. 
He didn't choose us....then think, "Yah right. What was I thinking." And then somehow love us in an obligatory way.
I'm just thinking about when I become a mother and will just stare at my baby, my toddler, my child....delighting in the features that look like me and my husb.
I see God looking down at us and oohing over us. How we are made like Him, each person bearing different quirks and gifts and personalities that reveal a great deal about who He is. This makes Him happy. You give Him joy!!!
The funny thing is , I think we understand just a very small fraction of how we are made to be like Him.

Not exactly sure where this post was going, I guess I'm getting a little tired, but just wanted to share the Lord has captured my heart again.....
despite the zillion times I've messed up lately, HE WANTS TO GIVE ME LIFE, and life abundantly, and just for believing Him......
I just want to live my whole life as a giant mirror that I BELIEVE IN HIM!!!
Surrender...surrender...surrender...

Hope you have a very blessed Christmas celebrating Jesus' birth and presence in your life.....even though one holiday is not nearly enough for Him.

Suse

No comments:

Post a Comment