Sunday, January 9, 2011

B A L A N C E

Already up to my neck in 16 credits of overwhelming stress, I am learning I need to learn to balance my life better. I tend to be an all-or-nothing kind of girl. LOTS OF EXERCISE. NO EXERCISE. GOOD TERM, BAD TERM. HEALTHY OR UNHEALTHY. PROCRASTINATION OR STRAIGHT A's. QUIET TIME OR NO QUIET TIME.

In every sense of the word, I just need balance.
How do I balance when my whole world is being rocked by this institution called school?

In working out, in eating habits, in friendships, in real conversations, in my short-but sweet times just with Jesus, in my activities, in finance, in computer time, in taking care of myself, in studying and more, I have been challenged with balance. There are things I tend to sell myself short on when I get super busy and stressed, and other things I do way too much.

I have said before "If I can survive through this term, I can get through anything." However, I want it to be a term where I see the Lord's power, provision, strength and peace come through and change my whole perspective. I am eager to practice diligence and doing everything unto Him. I am not looking forward to juggeling microbiology, teaching practicum and 3 difficult Spanish classes, but I am looking forward to needing Him so heavily.
Please be praying if you think about it. I've been listening to this lovely, powerful song to help me stay focused on Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-liS9e2IY8&NR=1

Blessings to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Balance is a word for me this year too. So as I pray into for myself I will be praying with you as well! Jesus will give us everything we need for life and godliness. . . I Peter

    ReplyDelete