Monday, February 7, 2011

Nuggets for this Single Girl

If you didn't read my last post, I'm reading through Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot and I have been gleaning some pretty eye-opening nuggets that I've been needing to hear.  Here are some of the best quotes:

"Wherever you are, be all there." -Jim Elliot

"Let not our longing slay the appetite of our living." -Jim Elliot

Different ways to accept loneliness/plans that are not our own:

Rebellion- if this is the will of God for me now, He doesn't love me.
Rejection- if this is what God is giving me, I won't have any part of it.
Faith- God knows exactly what He's doing.
Acceptance- He loves me; He plans good thigns for me; I'll take it.

"Every reminder that aroused a longing had to be offered up."

Goooood stuff for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment