Sunday, February 6, 2011

Elisabeth

Over the past day and a half I have been devouring Elisabeth Elliot's Passion and Purity and her and Jim's life have been BLOWING ME AWAY.
Honestly, it just really makes me evaluate my life, my faith. Not compare it, but evaluate it.
I'm sure everyone knows their story so I won't go into detail.

I just cannot imagine having your husband die, that you finally got to marry just a few years before, with a 10 month old baby. I can't imagine STAYING nearby and meeting an "ex-Auca" woman and learning Quichua from her, I can't imagine being invited back to the very forest and tribe that killed your husband, and forgiving them and loving them and pressing on so they might know the Good News. I can't imagine translating the Bible for the first time in a new language, and seeing such transformation that they no longer call themselves "the savage" anymore.

I want to press on to have such a real, tangible relationship with my Jesus and to have such a faith that I would be gladly willing to die for Him. I would love to say with all my heart that that's where I'm at (much like Peter said he would when Jesus told him he would deny Him three times) but honestly, I don't think I'm there yet.

I feel like the fog is slowly lifting and I've been hearing some good things from the Lord, getting a few melodies/songs in my head, etc. More on that later......must go for now but just wanted to say how my world is being rocked right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment