Tuesday, September 7, 2010

CAN'T WAIT

for the day when I'm married and my husband I will walk on the downtown streets of Portland, (or another needy place) and we can find a homeless person to take out to a nice meal. That will be oh so fun. And pick up every hitchhiker I (we) see. In fact, I probably won't marry someone unless they would be willing to do that kind of stuff. :-)

On that note, I've been having a mental struggle between doing foolish things vs. hearing the Spirit and stepping out in faith. It seems to me that the world likes to mix the two, calling the latter foolish as well. For instance, I almost stopped and picked up a hitchhiker on the freeway the other day, even though he was a man (he seemed nice to me). I didn't probably just because I couldn't get over in time. I don't know what it is about me and my wild, non-fearing heart, but it seems like a lot of ideas i have like these people deem foolish. And some of them are probably true. {I always want to go outside alone at night (in my college town) and everyone looks down on that. Ok, so some of this is common sense and I am stubborn.}
I would love any input or wisdom on this matter.
Maybe it's not because I am really brave, maybe it's because i have a Holy Spirit covering that's giving me the "ok" to do things, that will bring Him glory. I am not entirely stupid and won't do things that are obviously idiotic.
I'm just wanting to do so many things but often feel restricted as a single woman. Very frustrating at times, yet God knows the scene and will use me exactly as He sees fit. It could just be that this is not the time of my life to do those things.

1 comment:

  1. Call me sometime and we can talk this through. Praying in the meantime. Love you dearly

    ReplyDelete