Thursday, September 2, 2010

Childlike Faith

Today when I was shoveling tile for Omundson Construction the thought came to me,

         {when i was a child, i expected what i needed
                       and asked for what I wanted.}
I know that this is not true for every person, but just from my honest child heart, this is what I thought.
Does childlike faith look different for everyone?
Should I expect what I need....in other words, be confident and totally at ease that all my necessities will be provided for?
I know I need to "seek the Kingdom of God above all else.." (Luke 12:31), and that is a given. I suppose that when I am in that place of seeking the Kingdom, I just have that expectancy that He will provide. This seems right to me.
He also says "keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. keep on seeking, and you will find."
Again, when this is in the context of seeking the Kingdom, I can ask for whatever I want! Right?
I wonder how the 7 yr old me would have dealt with having to find a job in a town where--there ARE no jobs :) Is this where I need to expect He will provide that job?
I think yes.

**Side note--I have been doing a trillion times better since my last post. Not feeling completely "up to par" but wayyy better. I have been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing and..purging at both my houses which has been good--both because I have always hated throwing/giving stuff away and this time I had no problem-and because it is such a good reminder that I do need to purge everything from my spiritual body that shouldn't belong there.

**Another side note--I have always struggled a little with body image (who doesn't), but ever since I returned from Costa Rica (where I lost quite a bit of weight) and have been putting it back on, I have just felt frustrated and a lack of self-control whatsoever, especially on what I eat. This is a huge area the Lord is trying to work through in me.
Today I felt was a kind of breakthrough point. I was walking by myself around Bridgeport (a fancy little (ok, big) shopping "town") and at first was feeling a little self conscious, especially amongst all the glam and "high classness". Today I let it go and said to myself, "I am always going to be a little awkward. Maybe always a little chubby. But this is who I am (today, at least) and I am going to love it, and know God is still madly in love with me." This is not to say that the Lord is not encouraging me to healthier lifestyles--say, to not overindulge, or that I am settling with where I'm at
I guess mainly I'm learning where my confidence comes from--purely from the Lord--and He sees the fine masterpiece He made, above what anyone else (including and especially myself) can see.. 

Ok...well enough rabbit trailing..need to get back to cleaning :) Thanks for all your love and prayers, they are much appreciated.
Much love,
Suse

No comments:

Post a Comment