Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Home"

Right now I'm finally in the place that seems most like home to me: Charis.
I am just so dang blessed to be here and with these 14 girls on leadership this week, it has already been truly enriching.
We got back today from a 3 day retreat where we all shared our testimonies: the kind where EVERYONE cries and you see the real person, everything they have gone through and what Jesus has done in their life. Hearing testimonies are my favorite and as we sat there for hours, I was simply intrigued by each one and how incredible the Lord is. Thanks to the Lord, I wasnt very nervous (esp. having done it last year in front of everyone) and not having really much prepared, it was cool to just talk and see where He led me.  Anyways, I feel very close to my sisters and am so blessed for the constant conversations we have about the Lord and our lives, all the encouragement, uplifting, hugs, etc. The Lord knows me....so well.

New girls move in in 3 days. I'm excited...also know it will be a bit overwhelming.

I am glad the Lord is finally taking me out of this wilderness phase, and that He has taught me so much. My life verse I feel like for now is:
"But then I will win her back once again. I will lead her into the desert (check) and speak tenderly to her there. I will return her vineyards to her and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope."  (Hosea 2:14)

PLEASE pray favor for a job for me. Campus jobs are looking already full and it's super hard to get one, and since I don't have a car...you get the picture. I am really feeling like I need to get one this year. Please pray against financial stress for my parents. I don't know if I mentioned it, but my dad & fam will probably have to move out of their house because of $ and it's really hard on my dad.

Also, please pray for the drunk people hollering outside my window that will probably keep me up tonight, per usual. These precious people on this campus and in this city are my mission field; these souls may be changed someday by Jesus' life through me, and I will not waste a minute thinking about the future when I can be clinging on to opportunities. It may not be a poor, delightful Mexican child, but a hungry, striving college student that needs Love today.
Well, gotta go for now, but thanks for the prayers and praying blessings for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment