Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fasting

I have always kind of avoided fasting, because when I do, I feel like I am pouring all my energy into "can I do this? can I do that? am I losing weight? just a little won't matter".....seriously! Therefore I haven't wanted to go into it without my intentions being right.
For a week, I will be Facebook fasting, junk food fasting, music fasting, and even blog fasting to some degree (I spend a lot of time looking at blogs). (Junk food starting tomorrow, Monday, and everything else today).
I feel like I have never needed it more before, and am counting on this time for God to show up--I have expectations--mainly just for Him to do whatever He wants in me.

The main things I will be praying for:
-Release and healing from a habitual sin
-Release of depression, bitterness, shortness that has crept in the past few weeks
-Direction, purpose and motivation in my education
-Self-control--weight-self image issues
-My future--husb, kids, places, jobs, etc.
-Renewed sensitivity to the Spirit, purification of my mind
-Family stuff (parents, joe and ginny..)
-My roommates

Just as a starter :) I am excited for this week. Please be praying if you think about.
I appreciate you!

suse

1 comment:

  1. O my beautiful friend, I WILL be praying. The word of the Lord to our prayer group right now is renewing our holiness, consecration, our purity in order to carry more of the Spirit, power, and Presence of God . . . to bring the Kingdom in greater measure to those around us. It seems to be a theme in the Body in lots of areas. Will absolutely be joining you in this prayer and week of renewed consecration! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete